- Source: Design Justice - Book
- Keywords: permanent notes
- Education lives within a system of domination and liberation
- Problem-based learning
The goal of education is transformation
Pedagogies of Design justice must be based on this.
What is popular education?
- Education is never neutral: “it either maintains the current system of domination, or it is designed to liberate people;””
- Relevance: “Pop Ed engages with issues that people care deeply about;”
- Problem-posing: “all participants have the capacity to think, question, and act, and Pop Ed is about identifying the root causes of problems that people want to change;”
- Dialogue: “no one knows everything, but together we know a lot, if we listen to each other;”
- Praxis: “real learning takes places through the cycle of reflection and action to transform the world;”
- Transformation: “Pop Ed is about engaging communities to transform individuals, communities, the environment, and the broader society.10”