- Source: Seth Godin; Sources/This is Marketing - Book
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
- Definition: the portion of distribution curve where a large # of people are interested in buying limited products
- only selling large volumes of a reduced number of popular items
- basically the more ==popular==, but more ==generic==
- To target the long tail, you must create something ==extraordinary== for the market that ==connects== with them. This shows them that you’re in the short head.
This means that living on the long tail has two essential elements: Creates the definitive, the most essential, the extraordinary contribution to the field. Connects the market you’ve designed it for, and helps them see that you belong in the short head. That this hit is the glue that holds them together.