The False Self
- Source: Atlas/Maps/DLQ 10 MOC
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
- Module 1A
- Cards/Problem versus Mystery: when we perceive people as problems to be solved, we are treating them as their False Selves. when we acknowledge that people are mysteries, we are treating them as their True Selves.
- Cards/Absolute Certainty versus Wonder: A reductionist mindset can only see False Selves, while a sense of wonder can get us in touch with our True Selves.
- Cards/Order and Chaos: Both The False Self and The True Self are integral to our identities; to live a good life, we must balance these selves by closing the gap between them (a.k.a. integrating our role and our soul).
- Cards/Perfectionism: The avatar presented by the perfectionist is The False Self.
- Cards/Desire: The False Self is a self mastered by desires (manifested as disordered attachments). But desire can also lead us to our True Self.
- Module 1B
- Module 2
- Module 1A
- False Self: your surface “self”; your ego self; a part of who you are, but this is not who you fully are
- The opposite of this is Cards/The True Self