Technology keeps up stuck in a feedback loop with ourselves
- Source: Anna Wiener; Sources/Uncanny Valley - Book
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- #technology #attention
- Relevant Notes:
Everyone I knew was stuck in a feedback loop with themselves. Technology companies stood by, ready to become everyone’s library, memory, personality.
- The tech industry creates ==consumers== of its leisure and work culture.
The tech industry was making me a perfect consumer of the world it was creating. It wasn’t just about leisure, the easy access to nice food and private transportation and abundant personal entertainment. It was the work culture, too: what Silicon Valley got right, how it felt to be there. The energy of being surrounded by people who so easily articulated, and satisfied, their desires. The feeling that everything was just within reach.
- Technology is doing everything for us
- We end up overrelying on it