Resisting makes us creative
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- #creativity #innovation #mindfulness #society #culture
- Relevant Notes:
- By making us more attentive.
- Attentiveness that does not assume that there is something ’new’ to be seen
- Instead, it’s deeply attuned to what we were too distracted to notice in the first place
- By making us more open.
- True openness rejects the feeling that we as individuals, with our own abilities, are enough
- It rejects the belief that observations alone in any moment are finished
- It rejects the eagerness to dispose the ideas the reveal themselves to us
- By making us less about the “next big thing”.
- It encourages us to do the same things all over again, but that’s okay
- Creativity = revising, recooping, regenerating
- By making us protective of time and space.
- Resisting the ways the world can distract us and clutter our mind
- Add to Cathexis 5
- By making us more receptive.
- Culturally, we’re trained to analyze and judge too quickly, way too often. Resist against this!
- By allowing us to participate in collective imagination and collaboration.
- NOT machinations of individual genius
- NOT acting like self-sufficient lone wolves
- By encouraging us to view everyone —ourselves included— as diffabled.
- By encouraging us to do more of nothing.
- More waiting > always looking for
- Why You Should ‘Do Nothing’ in a World of Addictive Tech