- Source: Seth Godin; Sources/This is Marketing - Book
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
- Marketing concept from Seth Godin
The book presents Godin’s personal belief that creative advertising is less effective today because of clutter and advertising avoidance.
- Definition: companies must build things ==worth noticing== right into their products or services
It’s almost impossible to spread your word directly. Too expensive, too slow. To find individuals, interrupt them, and enroll them, one by one . . . it’s a daunting task. The alternative is to intentionally create a product or service that people decide is worth talking about. I call this a Purple Cow.
- Addition to the ==traditional 5 P’s of marketing:== product, price, place, promotion, and people