- Source: Sources/Design Justice - Book
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
Pedagogies of Cards/Design justice must be based on this.
# What is popular education?
# Key Principles
- Education is never neutral: “it either maintains the current system of domination, or it is designed to liberate people;""
- Relevance: “Pop Ed engages with issues that people care deeply about;”
- Problem-posing: “all participants have the capacity to think, question, and act, and Pop Ed is about identifying the root causes of problems that people want to change;”
- Dialogue: “no one knows everything, but together we know a lot, if we listen to each other;”
- Praxis: “real learning takes places through the cycle of reflection and action to transform the world;”
- Transformation: “Pop Ed is about engaging communities to transform individuals, communities, the environment, and the broader society.10”