- Source: Sources/Design Justice - Book
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
# What is Critical Pedagogy?
Critical pedagogy is a teaching philosophy that invites educators to encourage students to critique structures of power and oppression
From the Design Justice Book:
- It seeks to ==transform consciousness==, to provide students with ways of knowing that enable them to know themselves better and live in the world more fully.
- The ==role of the educator== here is to pose problems, create spaces for the collective development of critical consciousness, help to develop plans for action to make the world a better place, and develop a sense of agency among learners.
- Critical community technology pedagogy: an approach that “demystifies systemic power inequalities, involves a multi-directional learning process, results in transferable skills, and constructs a new world as it constructs knowledge.”