Consistently approach the universe
- Source: Venkatesh Rao; Sources/Breaking Smart - Newsletter
- Keywords: Cards/permanent notes
- #advice #philosophy #life
- Relevant Notes:
- If you want to live richly, you must be willing to ==open yourself to the universe, and the experiences that it offers.==
- We build technology for the sake of accessing these experiences.
- Challenge: to keep rediscovering what we consider sacred in new ways
==To live richly is to trust your soul to the universe at large, and the experiences it offers that we build technology to access more of.== The opposite of keeping your soul in a known safe space is constantly looking for signs of it in the ==stream of experiences that constitute life itself,== and ==digital life== is a particularly rich new part of that stream. Our challenge is not to keep returning to a sense of the sacred in the same predictable place, but to ==keep rediscovering that predictable sense of the sacred in new places.==
- The only way to enrich your soul is to consistently approach the universe instead of retreating from it
- Cards/Waldenponding is the opposite of this; if we stay safe, nothinng will happen to us
if you ==consistently approach rather than retreat from the universe,== soul-enriching stuff will dominate.
If you waldenpond…then nothing will happen