LYT 10 MOC
- Cards/Idea Emergence: How ideas grow. The invisible rules governing ideas.
- Mental Squeeze Point: What our MOCs help us overcome
- MOCs: Spaces to gather, develop, and navigate ideas
- Ideaverse: The dream of LYT
Miscellaneous Notes/LYT 10 Braindump
# “ing” words that are made up
# Main Sessions
- 2023-01-31 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Super Session 1 - link.
- 2023-02-01 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Sensemaking 1
- 2023-02-07 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Super Session 2
- 2023-02-08 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Sensemaking 2
- 2023-02-14 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Super Session 3
- 2023-02-15 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Sensemaking 3
- 2022-02-21 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Super Session 4
- 2022-02-22 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Sensemaking 4
- 2022-02-28 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Graduation & Next Steps
# Expert Sessions
- 2023-02-04 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Bianca Pereira - Session 1
- 2023-02-11 - Sources/LYT/LYT 10 - Bianca Pereira - Session 2
# Unit 1: Enter the age of the linked note
Enter the age of the linked note. Unit 1 sets the scene of Personal Knowledge Management.
- We will explore the transition from only using folders, to systems that allow for robust linking.
- We will identify how note-taking practices fail us, and how note-making is needed.
- We will define how to make relationships between notes.
- We will reflect on our PKM personality and what that means for our PKM goals and use cases.
# 1A THE RECENT HISTORY AND LANDSCAPE OF PKM
# 1B IDEA EMERGENCE
Sources/LYT/1b1 - The rigidity of a system with only folders
Sources/LYT/1b2 - Zettelkasten and the great folder rebellion
Sources/LYT/1b3 - Scaling zettelkasten
Sources/LYT/1b4 - Idea Emergence - Part 1
Sources/LYT/1b5 - Idea Emergence - Part 2 ⭐⭐⭐ Sources/LYT/1b6 - Defining fluid frameworks
# 1C MAKING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN NOTES
Sources/LYT/1c1 - Making relationships between notes
Sources/LYT/1c2 - Building relationships with links
Sources/LYT/1c3 - Building relationships with folders
Sources/LYT/1c4 - Building relationships with tags
Sources/LYT/1c5 - Building relationships with proximity Sources/LYT/1c6 - Building relationships with MOCs ⭐ Sources/LYT/1c7 - Building relationships with a home note
Sources/LYT/1c8 - Building relationships with queries
# 1D UNDERSTANDING YOUR PKM PERSONALITY
1d1 - Take LYT’s PKM Planet Survey
1d2 - PK Planet results: Your thinking patterns
1d3 - PKM Planet results: Your thinking styles
1d4 - PKM Planet results: Your thinking drivers
# BONUS CONTENT
# Units 2 & 3: Growing Value & Accelerating Ideas
We have two overlapping units: Growing Value & Accelerating Ideas
# Unit 2 explores where value comes from and how to create more.
- We will consider the phases of PKM and the compound effects of your PKM habits.
- We will explore types of notes and how they grow in value.
- We will get hands-on reps in note-making.
- We will identify fluid thinking as the meta-skill of link-based thinking.
# 2A - TIME VALUE OF IDEAS
2a1 - Your rose Sources/LYT/2a2 - The time value of ideas Sources/LYT/2a3 - The value phase of each PKM Sources/LYT/2a4 - The compound effects of note-taking ⭐ Sources/LYT/2a5 - The compound effects of note-making ⭐⭐
# 2B - HOW NOTES STAY ALIVE
# 2C - SAIL THE SEVEN C’S OF NOTEMAKING
- 2c1- Create your notes ⭐⭐⭐
- 2c2 - Connect your notes ✨
- 2c3 - Clarify your notes ✨
- 2c4 - Color your notes ✨
- 2c5 - Critique your notes ✨
- 2c6 - Cite your notes ✨
- 2c7 - Curate your notes ⭐⭐⭐
# 2D - FLUID THINKING
# 2X - EXTRA CREDIT
# Unit 3 develops our ability to gather, develop, and navigate ideas.
- We will recognize when “mental squeeze points” occur, and how to overcome them.
- We will learn about higher-order notes and MOCs.
- We will get hands-on reps making MOCs.
- We will explore the benefits of MOCs and other ways we can use them.
# 3A - NEXT LEVEL THINKING
Sources/LYT/3a1 - Generate thought collisions to develop valuable ideas Sources/LYT/3a2 - Use MOCs to overcome mental squeeze points ⭐ Sources/LYT/3a3 - MOCs are both workbenches and maps Sources/LYT/3a4 - Defining higher order notes and MOCs Sources/LYT/3a5 - The three phases of MOCs
# 3B - THE MANY MOVES OF THE MAP-MAKER
# 3C - THE VARIOUS USES OF MOCS
Sources/LYT/3c1 - Use MOCs for developing your ideas Sources/LYT/3c2 - Use MOCs for charting an area of interest Sources/LYT/3c3 - Use MOCs for building cognitive scaffolding Sources/LYT/3c4 - Use MOCs for creating a personal field guide Sources/LYT/3c5 - Use MOCs for grounding yourself
# 3D - MOCS DEVELOP FLUID THINKING
# Unit 4: Your Custom PKM System
Unit 4 illuminates how to smartly build and scale your custom PKM system.
- We will complete our idea emergence network.
- We will build the first version of our library note.
- We will build the first version of our home note.
- We will develop our use of links, folders, tags, and queries.
# 4A - MAP YOUR WAY HOME
# 4B - COMPLETE THE IDEA EMERGENCE NETWORK
# 4C - BUILD YOUR CUSTOM PKM SYSTEM
# 4D - FLY AROUND YOUR PLANET
# Units 5 & 6: Processing Newness & Sharing
We have two overlapping units: Processing Newness & Sharing
- Unit 5 is about going from inputs to sensemaking.
- Unit 6 is about going from sensemaking to outputs.