- Source: Anna Wiener; 1. Resource Notes/Uncanny Valley - Book
- Keywords: 3. Permanent Notes/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
- Phenomena like 3. Permanent Notes/sick systems and 3. Permanent Notes/trauma bonding show ==how people keep busy as a coping mechanism.==
“Look up sick systems,” said Noah. “Look up trauma bonding. It’s the culty thing: keep people busy until they forget about the parts of their life they left behind.
- a strong ==emotional attachment== between an abused person and his or her abuser, formed as a result of the cycle of violence.
- occurs as the result of ongoing cycles of abuse in which the ==intermittent reinforcement of reward and punishment== creates powerful emotional bonds that are resistant to change.