The alternative to freedom is unconsciousness
- Source: David Foster Wallace; 1. Resource Notes/This is Water - Speech
- Keywords: 3. Permanent Notes/permanent notes
- #philosophy #life #mindfulness #attention
- Relevant Notes:
- Freedom is ==caring.== Freedom is ==being educated.== Freedom is ==understanding how to think.==
- When we’re unconscious, we don’t think at all.
- When we’re on our default state, we’re like hamsters who endlessly tread the wheel. There’s a sense we’re missing something.