- Source: 1. Resource Notes/Design Justice - Book
- Keywords: 3. Permanent Notes/permanent notes
- Relevant Notes:
# What is problem-based learning?
Problem-based learning is a student-centered pedagogy in which students learn about a subject through the experience of ==solving an open-ended problem== found in trigger material.
# How does it work?
- It works best when:
- problems are part of larger, ideally real-world tasks
- learners are supported to take ownership of the problem
- the task is appropriate to the learner’s level of understaning and ability
- the learner must reflect on what is being learned and how they learned it
- the educator encourages the learner to test their ideas in various contexts
- 3. Permanent Notes/Teachers are facilitators: Teachers act as facilitators to help students achieve their own learning goals