Creativity is power
- Keywords: 3. Permanent Notes/permanent notes
- #creativity #innovation
- Relevant Notes:
- What if we viewed creativity not just as an ability, or skill, but as power?
- to blend knowledge (what we know)
- agency (what we are able to do)
- desire (what we want) to create something that does not exist.
“The ‘creativity’ inherent in politics is more about holding on to power, rather than thinking of new ways of tackling common injustices.
This brand of politics has created governments that have systematically failed to stop – and in some cases, catalysed – inequality, global poverty, environmental degradation and the threat of global nuclear annihilation. As such, people are taking it upon themselves to manage and create new political institutions. If the Arab Spring and the Occupy movement have taught us anything, it’s that post-2008, political structures are fragile.”