Attention is a zero-sum game
- Source: Lawrence Yeo; 1. Resource Notes/More to That - Blog
- Keywords: 3. Permanent Notes/permanent notes
- #attention #cognition #information
- Relevant Notes:
- Zero-sum game: situation where one’s gain is another’s loss
- So paying more attention to one thing will mean that we pay less attention to others
- Attention is a ==finite== resource; it needs to be spent wisely
- Information abundance simply means we have infinite opportunities to react to data.
- The question is: which ones will we react to?
Whenever we point to “information abundance,” what we are really saying is that we have ==“endless opportunities to react to data.”==